More than 4,000 Oklahoma elementary school students expressed their appreciation for farmers during the 2018 American Farmers & Ranchers poster contest.
“We are extremely pleased with the many creative ways students demonstrated with original artwork explaining our theme, what does agriculture do for me,” Micaela Danker, AFR youth coordinator, said.
Guidelines for the poster contest included:
- Posters must solely be the work of the student.
- Students may use crayons, markers, pens, pencils, etc.
- Posters were judged on originality, creativity, neatness, content and overall effect.
- There will be two age divisions: Division I: Grades 1&2; and Division II: Grades 3&4.
- Cash scholarships were awarded to students in each division: First Place: $100; Second Place: $75; Third, Fourth & Fifth Place: $50.
The winners are:
1st Saraed Peachey, Lindbergh Elementary – Tulsa
2nd Lyndee Miller, Carnegie Elementary – Carnegie
3rd Cristobal Oliveros Cancino, Lindbergh Elementary – Tulsa
4th Brooklynn Estes, Wellston Elementary – Wellston
5th Jayda Bond, Valliant Elementary – Valliant
1st Cason Hood, Apache Elementary – Apache
2nd Jovani Gonzalez, Laverne Elementary – Laverne
3rd Mya Stephenson, Maryetta Elementary – Stilwell
4th Preston Foster, Canton Elementary – Canton
5th Angel Hernandez, Frederick Elementary – Frederick